Experienced Athens Lawyers Tackling Tough Family Law & Criminal Cases
Providing comprehensive assistance to individuals and families in Georgia
Attorneys Michael S. Brown and Kim T. Stephens are fully equipped and prepared to assist clients with family law, divorce, DUI and criminal defense cases in Athens and throughout the state of Georgia. Attorneys Brown and Stephens have the knowledge and experience to represent clients in front of judges in federal, state and local courts. Family law and criminal cases can have a profound effect on your personal, professional and financial well-being going forward, so it’s important to seek the help of a law firm that knows how to fight for the justice you deserve.
Representation for your unique needs
When you come to the law office of Michael S. Brown and Kim T. Stephens, you receive the benefit of the firm’s:
- Experienced counsel: Attorneys Brown and Stephens have more than 40 years of combined experience practicing law. This gives them the necessary knowledge to understand the nuances of your case and get results.
- Defense philosophy: The backbone of any defense strategy is evidence. Brown and Stephens investigate the circumstances pertaining to your case, poring over every detail, to seek the best possible outcome for you.
- Focused services: No two cases are alike, and that is why Brown and Stephens pay attention to the unique needs and circumstances of each client. This allows for defensive strategies that work specifically for you.
Handling a range of cases
Whether your case can be handled through negotiation or litigation, attorneys Brown and Stephens take pride in tailoring their strategies to the specific needs of everyone who comes to them for legal assistance. The firm takes on cases involving:
- Family law: This is a broad area of the law that includes divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and protective orders. In addition to assisting clients with their original cases, attorney Brown also represents clients who need to modify existing family law agreements, such as support amounts and custody provisions.
- High-asset divorce: Attorney Brown is also ready to help clients with divorce cases involving expensive assets and properties, and large amounts of money. These high-asset divorce cases are often more complicated and require a thorough examination of the financial records on both sides. Attorney Brown seeks to make sure that any agreement reached works in your best interest.
- Criminal defense: Attorneys Brown and Stephens are veteran criminal defense attorneys with experience representing clients in local, state and federal courts. They provide comprehensive defense services to clients charged with a range of misdemeanor and felony crimes, including assault, robbery, fraud, theft, embezzlement, drug offenses, domestic violence and sex crimes.
- DUI defense: A DUI conviction can cost you thousands of dollars in fines, higher insurance rates and the suspension of your license for at least six months. Attorneys Brown and Stephens know the personal and professional risks associated with DUIs, and they can fight on your behalf to get the charges against you reduced or thrown out altogether.
Contact an accomplished team of attorneys today
If you need help from a trusted attorney for your family law or criminal defense case, call the office of Michael S. Brown and Kim T. Stephens at 706-389-8614 or contact them online to schedule a free consultation.